Thursday, January 18, 2024

"Boost your English grammar skills with these advanced-level multiple-choice questions (MCQs) and their detailed answers. Perfect for test preparation and language enthusiasts."



Question: Which of the following sentences contains a dangling modifier?


a) Having finished the assignment, the computer crashed.

b) The computer crashed after finishing the assignment.

c) After finishing the assignment, the computer crashed.

d) Finishing the assignment, the computer crashed.

Answer: d) Finishing the assignment, the computer crashed.


Question: Identify the sentence with the correct use of the subjunctive mood.


a) It's essential that he studies for the exam.

b) I wish I was at the beach right now.

c) It's crucial that he study for the exam.

d) If I was you, I would take that job.

Answer: c) It's crucial that he study for the exam.


Question: Choose the sentence with the correct use of the relative pronoun.


a) This is the girl who I was talking about her.

b) This is the girl whom I was talking about.

c) This is the girl about whom I was talking.

d) This is the girl that I was talking about.

Answer: c) This is the girl about whom I was talking.


Question: Select the sentence with the correct parallel structure.


a) She likes hiking, swimming, and to bike.

b) She likes to hike, swim, and biking.

c) She likes hiking, swimming, and biking.

d) She likes to hike, swim, and to bike.

Answer: c) She likes hiking, swimming, and biking.


Question: Identify the sentence with the correct use of the past perfect tense.


a) He had already left when I arrived.

b) He already left when I arrived.

c) He was leaving when I arrived.

d) He has already left when I arrived.

Answer: a) He had already left when I arrived.


Feel free to ask for explanations or more questions!





User

More


Certainly! Here are five more advanced-level English grammar multiple-choice questions with answers:


Question: Choose the sentence with the correct placement of adverbs.


a) She almost completed her project quickly.

b) She quickly almost completed her project.

c) Almost, she completed her project quickly.

d) She completed her project almost quickly.

Answer: a) She almost completed her project quickly.


Question: Identify the sentence with the correct use of the conditional tense.


a) If I will see him, I'll give him your message.

b) If I see him, I'll give him your message.

c) If I would see him, I would give him your message.

d) If I saw him, I'll give him your message.

Answer: b) If I see him, I'll give him your message.


Question: Choose the sentence with the correct use of the passive voice.


a) The chef has cooked a delicious meal.

b) A delicious meal was cooked by the chef.

c) Cooking a delicious meal, the chef was skilled.

d) The chef was cooking a delicious meal.

Answer: b) A delicious meal was cooked by the chef.


Question: Identify the sentence with the correct punctuation.


a) The conference starts at 10 am, don't be late.

b) The conference starts at 10 a.m. don't be late.

c) The conference starts at 10 a.m., don't be late.

d) The conference starts at 10 a.m: don't be late.

Answer: c) The conference starts at 10 a.m., don't be late.


Question: Choose the sentence with the correct use of parallelism in a list.


a) He enjoys reading, jogging, and to paint.

b) He enjoys to read, jogging, and painting.

c) He enjoys reading, jogging, and painting.

d) He enjoys reading, jog, and painting.

Answer: c) He enjoys reading, jogging, and painting.


Feel free to ask for explanations or more questions if needed!





User

More


Certainly! Here are five more advanced-level English grammar multiple-choice questions with answers:


Question: Identify the sentence with the correct use of the gerund.


a) She is used to swim every morning.

b) She is used to swimming every morning.

c) She is used to swim every morning.

d) She is used to swims every morning.

Answer: b) She is used to swimming every morning.


Question: Choose the sentence with the correct use of the subjunctive mood.


a) If I were you, I would go to the party.

b) If I was you, I would go to the party.

c) If I am you, I would go to the party.

d) If I were you, I will go to the party.

Answer: a) If I were you, I would go to the party.


Question: Identify the sentence with the correct placement of adjectives.


a) He wore a red, velvet, old hat.

b) He wore an old, red, velvet hat.

c) He wore an old, velvet, red hat.

d) He wore a velvet, red, old hat.

Answer: b) He wore an old, red, velvet hat.


Question: Choose the sentence with the correct use of the article.


a) I saw a interesting movie last night.

b) I saw an interesting movie last night.

c) I saw interesting movie last night.

d) I saw the interesting movie last night.

Answer: b) I saw an interesting movie last night.


Question: Identify the sentence with the correct use of the comparative form.


a) This book is more interesting than any other I've read.

b) This book is interesting than any other I've read.

c) This book is most interesting than any other I've read.

d) This book is interesting more than any other I've read.

Answer: a) This book is more interesting than any other I've read.


Feel free to ask for explanations or more questions!










No comments:

Post a Comment